Sunday 5 September 2010

Countdown has begun!!!

Well we are now 16 days away from the big adventure!!.....we have been planning this for over a year and I cannot quite believe we are so close to it now!! I think we are all as ready as we will ever be, money paid, insurance sorted, arms jabbed....BUT....the ability to speak the lingo is still very limited for more than half the group! Despite efforts from Chris, Petra, Encarni and Beatrice to drum into us the basics, I have to confess, i know nada!!...ok then i know en poco!!....however, I have been told that being 'thrown in at the deep end' is the best way to learn....so , I guess we will find out...that said, prayers would be appreciated!!!....I guess the other fear we are all having is the dreaded altitude sickness....apparently there is no logic as to who suffers with it....so even if you have been training hard to keep in peak fitness, you could still suffer badly, whilst somone who is not fit could be fine and dandy!! (that's why i decided not to keep to a strict fitness regime!!!!).

Anyway, all who are interested, check in regulalry to see what we are all up to and how God is using us all. I pray that we have a great adventure and grow spiritually but more importantly that we can be an ambassodor for Christ and show His love to people through the work that we do there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment